Music download forum - Your music community: Calling All Musicians! - Music download forum - Your music community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Calling All Musicians!

#1 User is offline   Gregam530

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hello everyone!

My name is Derek Wallace and I am a Nomadic Ambassador from Hollywood, California. I'm working with Crystal Murphy, Global Ambassador and team leader for P.R. and Media, on a very special event called "The Race to the Green" (which will be taking place April through December of 2009).

What it will entail is finding a handful of CSers who own their own sailboats, preferably crafts that can hold crews of a dozen people, and pitting them against each other in a friendly race from N. America to Europe using only the power of the wind! Then, we'll spend a few months visiting coastal cities in Europe, using bikes and public transportation to explore and volunteer with organic farms (most likely through the WWOOF_org network)! And we'll be documenting the whole thing via video cameras, photographs and blogs! Possibly even a reality show!

The idea is to promote sustainability within international travel (two concepts normally mutually exclusive to one another, due to the carbon impact of airplanes and rental cars) as well as to help spread awareness our journey for others to replicate if they so desire.

If this sounds like something you'd like to participate in (either as a musician on one of the boats or as someone who helps guide us to some awesome festivals and performances near where we'll be traveling), provide suggestions and/or connections for or just stay informed about, then please join us in the "Race to the Green" group we have created, which can be found here...

www__talkbackforum_com

All that we ask is that when you join, that you make sure to read the welcome message (which is flagged) and introduce yourself! Here's the link:

www__talkbackforum_com

Peace and health and hope to meet you one day on the road to sustainability,

Derek

P.S. This message is being cross-posted in all relevant groups, so if you see it a few times, please cut us a little slack. ;)

#2 User is offline   Polecat

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Bump!

#3 User is offline   Fliven

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Maybe I am new to this, but...why is an e-mail asking for boats adressed to musicians? Is that a joke? Simon LeBon thing? Just curious. Good luck!

#4 User is offline   SlimJim

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Read the fourth paragraph, friend. Or swing by the group and check us out.

#5 User is offline   PorfirioB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Hi again!

To answer your main question - YES, this trip is happening! We are celebrating 4th of July in Minneapolis and then heading up to Lake Itasca on the 5th to start the journey! Who wants to help us put together the most AWESOME CS 4th of July party EVAH?!?

Next up: we found a 501c3 to umbrella under! It's called "Michelle's Earth Foundation" and you can read about it here...

_www.michellesearth_org

In the coming days we will be unveiling the "Race2theGreen" website as well as links on PayPal and Facebook Charities so you can start raising money to join in on all or part of the trip! And don't worry - if you can't make it this time, you can always come meet us as we pass through or join us next year as the Mississippi River trip will be an annual event!

Finally, if you have any questions, feel free to give me a call as I am reachable by phone and text most easily these days: 408.394.1466

Hope you can join us!

EVENT LINK: _www._www.talkbackforum_com/meetings.html?mid=43431

BTW, CSer and photographer of my new profile picture Brandon Craig is there in Minneapolis right now, hitting up all the events to encourage as many of you to join us as possible! Here's the link to his profile if you wanna connect with him directly...

_www._www.talkbackforum_com/people/boostergold

Thunderbirds are go!!!

We won't be able to give a definitive arrival date until we get on the river, but I have a plan to keep people informed of where we are and how fast we're moving by using Twitter updates. This first time is an experiment, so I'm sorry we can't give more clarity than that but the honest answer is "as soon as we know, we'll let you know!"

:)

#6 User is offline   Bonder

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Quick update:

Our 501c3 non-profit umbrella status is now official! The awesome folks at Michelle's Earth Foundation have offered to be our fiscal sponsor and treat us as an incubator project! Take a look...

_www.michellesearthfoundation_org

...so if anyone wants to start raising funds from their family/friends/neighbors/classmates/co-workers/church members/etc., just direct them to the PayPal link on the right site of our Tumblr page...

_race2thegreen.tumblr_com

They don't need to have PayPal to make donations, they can also do credit/debit cards and they will be provided with a Federal Tax ID number so they can write it off on their taxes! Just make sure they enter your name under the "Add special instructions to the seller" tab so that we know whom the money is coming in for!

If you're interested in coming on the canoe trip, we're pushing it back a week or so to give people time to fundraise and come with us. Honestly I think $500-700 will do it. $150-300 for a canoe off of Craigslist and the rest would go to food/water (cost is $10/day)!

If you're interested in coming on the Los Angeles-to-Washington, D.C. bike convoy next year (February 1st through May 15th), be sure the specify that their donation is for that!

No, you don't have to come for the whole trip and yes we will take care of your canoes/kayaks when you have to leave or once the entire trip is over if you come all the way with us (we will leave them in the New Orleans bayou with environmentalists who will use them to take people on tours to show the devastation/rebuilding that's been going on down there)!

And yes, even if you can't come, it's okay to still donate if you just want to help us succeed! Our goal is to get this thing going well enough to land grant money so we can start giving out scholarships! So more than anything...JUST SPREAD THE WORD! :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users