Music download forum - Your music community: Musicians! If you could live anywhere... - Music download forum - Your music community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Musicians! If you could live anywhere...

#1 User is offline   Bodypainter

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hey folks, need some advice :) Right now I'm either working on a ship, traveling or maybe even going back home. It's all getting a little too chaotic for me, plus I want to focus on making music more. I'd also dread to just go live in Belgium and end the whole exploration deal cold turkey, so a perfect compromise would be to live in an exciting city somewhere while being more settled down for a few years.

Now my question is, if you could live anywhere with great potential to grow as a musician, where would it be? I'm talking lots of opportunities to play live and to learn, lots of college kids maybe. I'm basically looking for a European equivalent of Austin in Texas.

Any help would be awesome!

P.S.: To specify, I'm an electric guitarist and do lots of lead stuff, looking to play anything from punkrock to jazz/blues.

#2 User is offline   Homster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hey Dieter, perhaps you know about it, but what about Berlin? a lot of people told me that there are a lot of cultural movement and you can have there either a cheap life. of course any comparison with Austin...
you know, i was looking for work in cruise-ships, at leas 6 months not much more. just to do the experience. do you know how i can apply for it? or if you know some people managing it in Europe?
thanks a lot, and if you can reply me with a message it's better cause the post doesn't come to my e-mail box.
cheers!
Don't tune, just listen!

#3 User is offline   XbeatX

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Either Austin, Texas or Nashville, Tennessee in the U.S.

#4 User is offline   facebulk

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Right here and now, it could not be what you would be looking for but Montreal has a large music scene, especially for jazz and punk! Bars here host a lot of shows and open mic nights. Let me know what you think!

#5 User is offline   Homster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Helo Boys and Girlsss... :D

I heaven't been to Berlin yet, but I have friends up there any what Enrique said is true.
What about Toronto? I have a friend who moved last year there and he's got what he's been looking for..

The Crazy Nutss
Don't tune, just listen!

#6 User is offline   Bonder

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Helo Boys and Girlsss... :D

I heaven't been in Berlin yet, but I have friends up there any what Enrique said is true.
What about Toronto? I have a friend who moved last year there and he's got what he's been looking for..

The Crazy Nutss

#7 User is offline   SlimJim

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Toronto does work too, + Vancouver too! and surprisingly Victoria, BC has a large open mic scene and film.

#8 User is offline   eboom

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

I have lived in Toronto and more recently in Vancouver, and also have music contacts in Montreal, so if anyone is interested in any of the cities mentioned I would be more than happy to send you some contacts.....right now I am in Italy, so if there is anyone out there with contacts in Italia please send some

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users