Music download forum - Your music community: Good music to download - Music download forum - Your music community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good music to download free downloads with reviews

#1 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hello and welcome! Here only direct links to music will be posted, music, that in my view is worth hearing if you haven't done this before.

Within my life I've listened to several dozens of music jenres from classics to metal. And I want to share some of my experience with you.

From the very start I would notify that I'm a bit conservative in my preferences and this will surely affect the contents of this topic. Mostly you will meet here good old songs that are still alive today, that stood the test of time, that were born during the times when showbusiness was much less saturated with money.

Please, no flood and arguing on preferences here. Thanks.
The elevator to success is out of service, but the stairs are always open.

#2 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

I was thinking what to start with... and will start with bikers' music. Particurlarly, I'd like to intoduce to you two bikers' bands, that in my view unfairly didn't get deserved popularity even in rockers' environment.

The first band is named Gone Jackals. This is hard rock-and-roll band, located in San Francisco, that was recording and playing for about 10 years. Their most successful album was "Bone to pick", which served as a soundtrack for a famous game "Full Throttle" by Lucas Arts. Probably that is why "Bone to pick" had once become number 2 in "Lucas Arts" mail orders. This album attracted attention of musical editor of CBS TV: song "Born Bad" from this album was included in an episode of TV series "Nash Bridges" named "Baby Boy".

Even if you are indifferent to bikers' culture, please, listen to the next few songs, keeping to the given sequence:
Gone Jackals - Legacy
Gone Jackals - We want our brothers back
Gone Jackals - Born bad
Gone Jackals - Getta outta town
Gone Jackals - Drop the hammer

#3 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:38 AM

Another bikers' band we'll discuss today is Golden Earing. It is several decades older than Gone Jackals, but it is not so obvious by their music. It is famous for its hit "Going to the run" that was translated to many languages. In the beginning of 70-s hardrock band Golden Earing reached the top of many charts with its song "Radar love". After that the band was pursued by serious cadre proplems, that were barely solved even by shortening the team. Interest to their creative work increased again in 1982 when they released their album named "Cut", which included hit single "Twilight Zone", that entered American top ten and leaded in Dutch charts. With the help of this fact they held a very successful tour, consolidating their positions by releasing one more hit "When the Lady Smiles". The late 80-s were a time of variable success for the band.

To listen:
Golden Earing - Going to the run
Golden Earing - Radar love
Golden Earing - Another 45 miles

#4 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:29 AM

Today we'll have a small excursus on Elvis Presley's creative work. Not with the work that we can often hear on radio or TV, but with the one that many Elvis' fans like. For some people it is a surprising fact that most of Presley's songs have nothing in common with those rocknroll motives, the king of which he is considered to be. Most of his songs are ballads composed in traditions of that period with back-vocal and full of words about love, family and God.

Here are some typical songs for his repertory:
Elvis Presley - Somebody bigger than you and I
Elvis Presley - Stand by me
Elvis Presley - My Happiness
Elvis Presley - Crying in the chapel

Elvis wrote the song "My Happiness" being a teenager and devoted it to his mother. It is considered to be the first studio record of the singer.

The lyrics of a song "Somebody bigger than you and I" goes as follows:
Who made the mountains, who made the trees
Who made the rivers flow to the sea
And who sends the rain when the earth is dry
Somebody bigger than you and I

Who made the flowers to bloom in the spring
Who made the song for the robins to sing
And who hung the moon and the stars in the sky

He lights the way when the road is long
He keeps you company
And with His love to guide you
He walks beside you
Just like He walks with me

When we're filled with despair
Who gives me courage to go from there
And who gives me faith that will never die

#5 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:12 AM

1. A nice pop song taken from juice commercial:
Lene Marlin - Faces

2. Popular bikers' song, rehashed by Metallica in its sensational "Garage" album.:
Bob Seger - Turn the page

#6 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

Romantic melodies for romantic mood...

1. One of my favorite Europe songs. To be more precise it is a song, performed solo by its vocalist, Joey Tempest. From his latest albums. Melodic music, country-style arrangement, beautiful voice, beautiful words... Generically, there is everything a good song needs:
Europe - Lucky

2. I wonder how many people tried to re-sing this song! It was created in those times when copiright laws did not fully work in the US. And among all the versions (not taking into account the original one by Righteous Brothers) the one I consider to be the most felicitous is U2 cover:
U2 - Unchained melody

3. This old song (even older than "Unchained melody") was also rehashed by many artists. Its melody is often played in one row with "Yesterday", "What a wonderful world", "Amazing grace", etc. But here I decided to share the original version, for the melody in it is built by voice and only by voice. And generally speaking this one is not like any other:
Noel Harrison - Windmills of your mind

P.S.: Lyrics of the song "Lucky":
Some people live all their lives in the past
No longer believe in a love that can last
Some people never let others come close
Even when they need them the most

And some folks keep hiding behind a locked door
Others find comfort in the hands of the lord
Some people work all their lives to the bone
Suddenly wake up alone

Some folks get tired of turning their heads
Looking at love from afar
If you have someone lying there with you tonight
I hope you know how lucky you are

Now some people live on the edge till the end
Finding the bottle the closest of friends
They've lost that one love they thought was so true
And the courage to find someone new

And some people never quite learn how to give
Never let go of their hearts

Some people find out the hard way
Just what it means
Living alone in this world
It ain't what it seems
What it seems

And we're all getting tired of turning our heads
Looking at love from afar

#7 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

Let's continue our discussion. Today we'll look at some soundtracks.

1. A song from "40 days and 40 nights" movie. The song is much more impressive than the movie. Probably it could be labeled as a "ballad for men", however I'm sure it will also be prefered by women due to its heartfelt tone:
Bob Schneider - Big Blue Sea

2. Oasis' song that inintiated my interest in creative work of this band. The song goes as a soundtrack to "Butterfly effect" movie where it can be heard during final credits.
Oasis - Stop crying your heart out

3. A song of a cult vocal of 80-s, Stan Bush. This guy has really beautiful ballads and his voice perfectly suits songs of such genre, borderline between pop and hard rock. By the way, the song is taken form "Blood sport" soundtrack:
Stan Bush - On my own alone

4. A song from "Class 1999" movie final credits. The band is not very popular, probably because of short existence. But it has everything that a good rock band needs: good vocal, solo-guitar parts and lively melodies. Let's listen:
Midge Ure - Come the day

5. Another composition in a spirit of 80-s. To be more exact, their first half. Classical rock tone of that period. A soundtrack to "Grease 2" movie:
The Four Tops - Back to school again

6. This song served as a soundtrack for "13 going on 30" movie. It is about how it could be important to do those silly things we really want in our souls. Performed by Billy Joel, the voice that I like a lot:
Billy Joel - Vienna

#8 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

Decided to go over Bon Jovi work. It is not new to anyone, however there are some compositions that unfairly stay in the background. Today I'll talk about the most touching songs of this band:

1. This song stands out against not only other Bon Jovi creative work, but aginst all pop rock compositions. It has very nice atmospere. And lyrics are also attractive and funny.
Bon Jovi - Starring at your window with a suitcase in my hands

2. The song is a bit sad, but has charming atmosphere. Good lyrics.
Bon Jovi - It's just me

3. A perfect ballad style. Is sung with feeling. That is why high sound volume is recommended.
Bon Jovi - It's hard (Letting you go)

4. Have you ever felt besides love a strong unlimited gratitude to a person for his/her love to you? Is is a wonderful feeling that is not like any other! Excelent lyrics!
Bon Jovi - Thank you for loving me

Here are the words:

It's hard for me to say the things
I want to say sometimes
There's no one here but you and me
And that broken old street light
Lock the doors
We'll leave the world outside
All I've got to give to you
Are these five words when I

Thank you for loving me
For being my eyes
When I couldn't see
For parting my lips
When I couldn't breathe
Thank you for loving me
Thank you for loving me

I never knew I had a dream
Until that dream was you
When I look into your eyes
The sky's a different blue
Cross my heart
I wear no disguise
If I tried, you'd make believe
That you believed my lies

Thank you for loving me
For being my eyes
When I couldn't see
For parting my lips
When I couldn't breathe
Thank you for loving me

You pick me up when I fall down
You ring the bell before they count me out
If I was drowning you would part the sea
And risk your own life to rescue me

Lock the doors
We'll leave the world outside
All I've got to give to you
Are these five words when I

Thank you for loving me
For being my eyes
When I couldn't see
You parted my lips
When I couldn't breathe
Thank you for loving me

When I couldn't fly
Oh, you gave me wings
You parted my lips
When I couldn't breathe
Thank you for loving me

#9 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

As it is the 1-st of December today is a good day to remember that Christmas is approaching. So all the songs in the post are devoted to Christmas and are so famous that were performed by so many singers: Bon Jovi, Mariah Carrey, Eagles, Sinead O'Connor, Whitney Houston, Ray Charles, Elvis Presley... They are just a small part of those who tried performing these Christmas hits. Here they are:

1. Think this is the version closest to the original variant. Without additional arrangements, just Christmas atmosphere. Not worse than Bon Jovi version (that where he starred with Cindy Crawford):
Ronn Moss - Please, come home for Christmas

2. This song is sung by a kid from a children choir. And how he does this! With real passion! I spent some time choosing among many versions, but finally selected this one:
Declan Galbraith - Amazing grace

3. This composition is usually sung in English, but Enya, as it seems to me, performs in the most heartfelt manner. In indigenous Irish:
Enya - Silent night

P.S.: And as a bonus here is a wonderful Christmas ballad for all lovers:
Lobo - Late Christmas eve

#10 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Everybody is invided to the evening of gutar blues. It is not a classic and quite rare type of blues. It is not like the one that plays Eric Clapton. Quite the contrary, it's the type where the major role is played by gutar. Directors of erotic movies love this music, as it is ideal for creating atmosphere of passion. In many respects because both vocal and guitar sound in a heartbreaking way, include lust and anxiety... in general, everything that's needed for passion. Let's listen:

1. A song of Bon Jovi guitarist, Richie Sambora. Not quite typical for him. Soundtrack to "Red shoe diaries" movie.
Richie Sambora - You never really know

2. Another typical song for such genre.
ZZTop - Cover your rig

3. And another one. Also ZZTop.
ZZTop - Blue jeans blues

4. And this is one of the most famous guitarists and his blues:
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood

#11 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

Got right mood for rock ballads. However I won't put links to the most popular and hackneyed songs (though they are still very good), but draw your attention at great rock ballads that are unfairly rare on radiostations or parties, and at that are really masterpieces of the genre. Let's start.

1. The song of Metallica ballads quality. In some ways sounds like Meat Loaf. Just download and try:
Savatage - Believe

2. Relatively new ballad in greatest traditions of Scorpions:
Hammerfall - Remember yesterday

3. What do you think, is there a difference between metal ballads and rock ballads? I think there is one. The next song is a metal ballad:
Helloween - In the middle of the heartbeat

4. It's strange, but Eagles besides "Hotel California" has a lot of good compositions. This is one of them:
Eagles - Desperado

5. One of the best slow songs of Europe band, which just as many other hits was burried under the fame of "The Final Countdown" hit:
Europe - Dreamer

6. And another ballad of Europe:
Europe - For my country

7. Meat Loaf in the flesh:
Meat Loaf - Two out of three ain't bad

8. Here are Scorps. Those who do not know the song, download darely:
Scorpions - When you came into my life

#12 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

A little night tour to the music of Latin America. Pop music of this continent greatly differs from the mainstream we hear on MTV or Grammy ceremony. This pop is unusual pop. It absorbs ethnical traits and culture of Latin nations. For our mentality the music is specific, but it is still easy to become crazy about it, especially for men over 30. Let's try to get acquainted with popurlar hits.

1. One of the most popular bands in Latin culture is "Mana". It is one of the teams that has become famous on the rest 5 continents. And it's not occasional. You can experience it on your own:
Mana - En el muelle de san blas

2. And this is more lyric Mana's composition:
Mana - Vivir sin aire

3. This song is as popurlar is South America as "Hotel California" is in the U.S.:
Fiordaliso - Non vogilo mica la luna

4. This one is no less popular. It has bin sung by goodness knows how many performers, but the voice of Jorge Ben Jor I like the most:
Jorge Ben Jor - Mas, que nada

P.S.: As a bonus I suggest to listen to another outstanding song in ethnical music genre, performed by Ugandian singer, Geoffrey Oryema. It's not Latin America, but many its motifs can be noticed both in vocal and in arrangement:
Geoffrey Oryema - Makambo

#13 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

Let's continue the rock balads theme started earlier. Thanks there are plenty of good slow rock compositions from the last 50 years. By tradition I shall try to place those brilliant songs, that in my view have been unfairly forgotten. Forward!

1. This composition is perfectly optimized in terms of voice, arrangement, intonation... In proper places one can hear anguish, stop-times and beautiful solo guitar parts.
White Lion - You're all I need

2. And this is a real anguish! Sounds like Nazareth, Helloween and Deep Purple ballads.
Great White - Save all your love

3. A song quite typical for its age. Just like the songs listed above it immerses in the atmosphere of late eighties.
Bonfire - Give it a try

4. Rockers and metallists know the feeling when a song touches deep inside your soul driving you crazy. Many songs had that effect on me, but this one is one of the leaders. This version exactly (there were several ones):
Aerosmith - Dream on

#14 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

In Russia, where I live, we have a music genre named "Russian rock". It is the genre where the leading key is not music but lyrics. I tried many different styles of US music trying to find something similar to Russian rock, from Doom to Old rock, but haven't found the exact answer. So one can say that Russian rock is a unique genre, unlike all others. If you want to listen to such songs, you can try the following requests in search field of topinweb.com:
Kino - Gruppa Krovi
Kino - Zvezda Po Imeni Solntse
DDT - Osen
DDT - Poslednyaya Osen
Akvarium - Gorod Zolotoy
Chayf - Ne Speshi
Chayf - Poplach O Nem
Nautilus Pompilius - Skovannye
Nautilus Pompilius - Progulki Po Vode
Mashina Vremeni - Koster

Not many songs in US and European bands and singers are close to Russian rock. A good example is "Brothers in arms" from Dire Straights. I believe, there are also some notes familiar to Russian rock fans in the following 4 long classic compositions:
1. Alphaville - Lassie, come home
2. Guns'N Roses - November rain
3. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to heaven
4. King Crimson - Epitaph

#15 User is offline   jammydoug

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Post icon  Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hi
What would be the best music download that i can download my favorite music for free and dont have to worry about the viruses my computer getting slower or any of that?

#16 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:51 AM

View Postjammydoug, on 24 September 2010 - 07:17 AM, said:

Hi
What would be the best music download that i can download my favorite music for free and dont have to worry about the viruses my computer getting slower or any of that?

http://www.topinweb.com is surely fine for that ;)

#17 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

Devoted to all French music lovers and to those who appreciate melodic pop ballads. A small medley of romantic French songs. For your soul and for your love.
1. Francois Valery - Le Grand besoin amour
2. Claude Barzotti - Aime moi
3. Pierre Bachelet - Une Homme simple
4. Jean-Jacques Goldman - La-bas
5. Philippe Lafontaine - Alexis M'attend
6. Garou - Je n'attendais que vous

And, as a bonus, one of the main arias from "Notre Damme De Paris" musical (also in French):
Notre Dame De Paris - Vivre

#18 User is offline   Dreamdemon

• Administrator
  • Icon

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

A brief excursion into reggae world. I believe it will be interesting to everyone who doesn't know this genre very close.

1. One of the most famous Bob Marley's songs:
Bob Marley - No woman, no cry

2. This song is a little bit less popular, but a little bit more inflammatory:
Bob Marley - Bad boys

3. And this song is very rare - many reggae fans spend much time trying to find it:
Winston Grennan - Savior

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users