Music download forum - Your music community: Recommended bands... - Music download forum - Your music community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recommended bands...

#1 User is offline   SlimJim

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

...people probably know some of these bands already, but for those who don't:
Interpol (if you don't know them, know them)
The song "starring at the song" with Tv On The Radio (am not too crazy about the other stuff I've heard with them, but love love love this song)
Le Tigre
Bob Hund (the coolest sweedish band till date...if you must have english lyrics, they just reinvented themselves into an english singing band called Bergman Rock, but I still prefer Bob Hund - b.t.w. you have to see them live!)
Mew (the most talented danish band we have right now)
Belle and Sebastian (cool Scottish band)
Feist (nice canadian music)
Thomas Dybdahl (fantastic norwegan singer/songwriter. Saw him live twice, the intimate concert in Christiania was the best)
Teitur (amazing singer/songwriter from my forfathers homecountry. He's supposed to live just around the corner from me, but I've unfortunately never bumped into him - yet...)
...I will return with many more...please fill free to inform me about which new or old bands you find amazing...

#2 User is offline   PorfirioB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Hey Kari!

I can recommend my absolute favorite band!

MARILLION

Most people know them only as the band that had the hit "Kayleigh" 20 years ago, if they know them at all. But although Marillion stopped being famous, they have a huge cult following and their music has evolved and is better than ever!

Their latest album Marbles is regarded as their best album since the "glory days".
I strongly recommend you check them out, and also, go see them on tour when they play near your city next Autumn/Winter. I guarantee you'll be hooked!

Find a better way of life
www_marillion_com

Duke

#3 User is offline   Polecat

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Steve Hogarth is ridiculous! What a voice!

I don't like Marillion at all, but my stepdad is into them, and I must say that Steve Hogarth has an incredible voice. I liked their first singer...he sang on the Fugazi album?

RECOMMENDED BANDS:

The Beatles
The Who
The Ramones
Iron Maiden

#4 User is offline   Channing

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

oh i just love incubus and queens of the stone age (unfortunatly i missed them this year when they were playing on a festival). i also like the new album of foo fighters.
well i don't know marillion but when u come and visit us andrew then u should bring a cd of them with u ;)
and by the way there is this nonknown band pakeha from new zealand. I just love them

#5 User is offline   Polecat

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

interpol are indeed a fantastic band, although 'antics' was not quite as great as 'turn on the bright lights'. When I saw them live I was a bit disappointed though...they are still welcome regulars on my turntable :)

For amazing new music head to www_pitchforkmedia_com

New Faves: the magic numbers(described as being halfway between belle and sebastion and the b52's), the arcade fire (it will get inside your heart) , the shins (happy, inspiring indie pop)

Old Faves: the brian jonestown massacre (the band that inspired the dandy warhols), carosel (amazing gypsy music from NZ), betty davis (the most sexed up funk/soul singer who kicks everyones ass)

enjoy!

cam.

#6 User is offline   herobrine

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Hello everybody,

Good to see so many people with good taste of music here. I love most of those bands too, especially Belle and Sebastian and Teitur.
Other artists you should really check out are:

Damian Rice (in one word: beautiful)
Mariah Taylor
John Frusciante(yes yes, from the RHCP)especially his cd: shadows collide with people.

Such beautiful songs. If you have trouble finding the music, let me know, I can always mail you some songs.

Jiska

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users