Music download forum - Your music community: World Music?? - Music download forum - Your music community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Music??

#1 User is offline   Homster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some suggestions of new music to listen to around the world. I love love love folkloric music from different countries, but I'm looking to find some new artists out there.

I'll be posting this to a few different groups, to get different responses, hopefully, so sorry if you get this a few times.

Thank you!!
-Christian
Don't tune, just listen!

#2 User is offline   Fliven

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Hi.
I consider myself somewhat of a music connoisseur...
It's amazing how many people know me as "the blonde chick that has great taste in Music". I also like to know alot about what I'm listening to. I especially love Alt Rock, Metal, Indie And Folk.
I realise that's very different from Folkloric music but I'll recommend some stuff none the less.
I consider most of these Indie/Folk bands and Artists some of the best at what they do. If you listened to them all, I think you'd get at least an impression of what sounds come from the different countries.

New Zealand: Oceania, The Veils, StraightJacket Fits, Crowded House and Evermore
America: Jeff Buckley, Tracy Chapman and Bright Eyes
Scotland: Idlewild
Finland: Nightwish and Apocalyptica
Pakistan: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
India: Ravi Shankar
Iceland: Bjork
Australia: Missy Higgins and The John Butler Trio

this all i could think of off the top of my head. If you're taste extends past this stuff, Check out what I listen to on my profile or msg me. Hope this stuff interests you. Ciao Kimberley

#3 User is offline   Greative

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Hmm... it looks like some cool new bands are out there, and maybe we could do an mp3 exchange (we're like, totally supposed to um, like, delete the mp3 after our perusal time, um, right?) to expose ourselves to new music.

Anyone interested?

#4 User is offline   Gregam530

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Yes, thanks for all the cool bands :)

An mp3 exchange I think is in order, for sure... If anyone wants to exchange with my 100+ gigs of mp3s, please let me know... just for a temporary perusal time, of course ;)

-Christian

#5 User is offline   Marlboro

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

i just wonder that how do you think to share your mp3's.? By _www.talkbackforum_com & travel to him/her place? or what..

#6 User is offline   DJLama

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

hey everybody i just wonder that how will you share your mp3s'? By traveling the others country or sending dvd's or what?..

Om Namaste

#7 User is offline   PorfirioB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Hi Christian!

I??m a brazilian woman and if you would like to listen to babado novo, timbalada, ivete sangalo, paulinho da viola and others, you can use your download and listen to brazilian music. If you enjoy, i can send more artists, ok?

bye Denise

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users