Music download forum - Your music community: what is your opinion about rap and hip hop - Music download forum - Your music community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what is your opinion about rap and hip hop

#1 User is offline   Bodypainter

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hey you all ,

I JUST WANT ASK AND KNOW EVERYONE'S POINT OF VIEW ABOUT THIS STYLE OF MUSIC , SO PLEASE REPLY AND TELL ME WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT IT .

PEACE

Otmane

#2 User is offline   PorfirioB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Some good stuff, some bad stuff, has in every genre.
Some good stuff in my opinion (I never was a hip hop fan, rap even less) :
Beastie Boys
Busdriver
Gorillaz
Beck (even if unclassifiable he do rap)
Loco Locass (quebecois)
Wyclef Jean
Sean Paul
TTC (french)

Probably a lot more I could like if I got to know them...

#3 User is offline   Homster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

There is some great and talented hiphop artists out there, to name a few: Common, Jurassic 5, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, Mos Def.

I like the artists who have a positive attitude and a positive mission. I don't care for the hip hop that's all about "smackin b**ches and f**k'n hos.
Don't tune, just listen!

#4 User is offline   DJLama

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

it's hypocrytical gobshite

#5 User is offline   Bonder

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

I love either old school (ie Public enemy, NWA) or more progressive rappers like The Roots, Aesop Rock, Mos Def.
In general, I wish rap would be more creative and less formulaic. But I wish that about country and most 'radio' tunes.

#6 User is offline   DJLama

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Puppetmastaz is really a good project... In live it's really amazing!! There's is good and bad hip-hop/rap like Yannick said... Good stuff for me: Puppetmastaz, Dalek, Flying Lotus, Black Moon...

#7 User is offline   eboom

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

i love hip hop and rap, mostly old school, like a tribe called quest, beastie boys, afrika bambaata,,
love aussie hip hop like Hilltop Hoods, dj reflux,,
there are realyl cool djs around the globe,, like, dj kentaro, kid koala, qbert, i love wax tailor, a state of mind is a really cool band..mm what else? i dunno.. well there??s a lot of bands, if you wanna listen some chilean ones try to search: Dj Raff, Tiro de Gracia, Makiza, Bitman y Roban, probably u will find them on myspace or something like that..

well if you wanna know more about hip hop, a good thing to do is watch movies like: Scratch,, or david chappeles bloc party, there u will find really good bands like the roots and erykah badu..
well thats it.

bye.
rodi.

#8 User is offline   Polecat

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

I agree with Yannick ... There are some good and some bad in every genre. I lean more towards The Roots, Mos Def, Talib, Sage Francis, IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE ... Who no one has mentioned yet! Check it out. Revolutionary Vol. 2 album.

#9 User is offline   PorfirioB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

My favorite is Atmosphere.
check them out.

#10 User is offline   Bonder

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

I think unfortunately the general public are exposed to MAINSTREAM rap/hip hop/r&b and this severely affects their opinion of the entire genre/genres, which is like saying you've heard My Chemical Romance and think that all punk sucks, [oversight].
I'm heavily influenced by the people themselves and the music-making process, not just the output which is why I gravitated towards the Beastie Boys in my mid-teens.
I think people could be a lot more open-minded and do some real research before they make snap decisions of a type of music based on an MTV-type ambassador [Soulja boy, tell em].
A few of my favourite artists have already been mentioned but i'd recommend the more funk or jazz influenced acts [US3, Digable Planets, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, Dilated Peoples, early DJ Shadow, Madlib] before tackling brilliant but lyric-heavy artists [Jurassic 5, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Mos Def].
I've left out so many but this is getting too long, haha.

#11 User is offline   Homster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

some stuff i listen to:
afrika bambaata, eric b & rakim, big daddy kane, grandmaster flash, ultramagnetic mc's, a tribe called quest, public enemy, aesop rock, antipop consortium, deltron 3030, el-p, dr octagon, quasimoto, dosh, busdriver, subtle, why?, jel, odd nosdam,...
Don't tune, just listen!

#12 User is offline   SlimJim

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Like in every music there's good and bad. But the thing with that kind of music is that you mostly see the bad and it gives a bad image to Rap and Hip-hop.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users